After an accident, the prospect of dealing with insurance companies to the insurance adjusters and making sure all claim forms are being signed and dealt with is more stressful than the accident itself. If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you’ll want to file an insurance claim with either your insurer or the insurer of the responsible party as soon as possible. The claim is the first step toward being compensated for your medical expenses, lost wages, or other damages resulting from the accident. Here at Gainsco Insurance in South Florida, we’ve broken down the three different insurance claims and how they affect you later after an accident.
Own Damage Claim Gainsco Insurance Florida
Own damage car insurance covers the damages on your car while you are on the road. This is sometimes referred to as “collision insurance” or “own damage and theft.” There are two areas that this coverage includes: damage to your own car through an accident and insurance against theft.
While collision damage insurance covers damages to your car, it is good to remember that NOT all cases will be covered. Your policy will contain exceptions such as damages to the car when parked. Other things that will not be covered may also include: items inside the car, and the damages caused by natural disasters. Own damage car insurance also protects you from: theft of parts, fire or external explosion, carnapping, vandalism, and damage to your car while in transit.
It is wise to check your own damage car insurance policy before making a claim.
No-Fault Damage Claim Gainsco Insurance
A no-fault insurance claim sometimes called a Personal Injury Protection claim (or PIP claim), is one you make with your own automobile insurer for lost earnings, payment of medical bills, and certain out-of-pocket damages after a car accident. A key component of the no-fault damage claim is that you are never permitted to make a claim for pain and suffering with your own car insurance coverage, and you can only pursue this kind of recovery against the at-fault driver if your medical bills reach a certain level — or your injury is deemed sufficiently serious — so that you’re permitted to step outside of the no-fault rules.
Third-Party Claim Gainsco Agent South Florida
Any time you file a car insurance claim against someone else’s insurance policy, you are filing a third-party claim. When would that happen? Here are a few examples:
- You were a passenger in a car when it was involved in an accident, and you were injured.
- You would file a third-party claim against the driver’s car insurance company for payment of your medical bills and other damages.
- You were the driver judged NOT at fault for an auto accident in a state without no-fault insurance.
- You would file a third-party claim against the other driver’s insurance company to recover damages.
- You were driving a company vehicle that was involved in an auto accident and was injured.
- Your claim against the company’s insurance company is a third-party insurance claim.
- You were driving your own car on work-related business and were injured in an accident.
In this case, you may be able to recover expenses from your employer’s insurance company with a third-party claim. In other words, any time you file a Gainsco Insurance in South Florida auto insurance claim in a situation where you are not the policyholder, you are filing a third-party claim.
Let Insurance Express Agent Help You
Gainsco Insurance in South Florida is a property and casualty insurance holding company. Through our insurance brand, Gainsco Auto Insurance, we concentrate our efforts on the non-standard personal automobile market, specializing in minimum-limits personal auto insurance. Gainsco was established in 1978 as a Texas corporation and is based in Dallas, with a regional office in Miami. Our insurance operations are conducted through MGA Insurance Company Inc., a Texas corporation.
We are committed to championship performance. This is epitomized by the championship-winning GAINSCO racing team we sponsor and is experienced by our customers every day in the way we service their needs. We are driven to provide:
- Insurance policies that are flexible and easy to customize to your needs
- A highly competitive price designed to save you money
- Superior customer support and claims handling
- A solid company on which you can rely